I've been in my current job for about a year now and I've been working quite a lot with WebTrends (as well as Google Analytics and all sorts), but this week I've been working on SiteCatalyst with a client again. It reminded me of a post that I wrote back at the end of 2010 on what SiteCatalyst should do for version 15, so I thought that I would write one for WebTrends as well.
1. Live Segmentation
The trouble WebTrends has is that the people using Analytics tools have changed in the last 3 years and WebTrends hasn't. You need to be one step ahead of your audience.
2. Standard Custom Measures in any report
3. Second dimensions on the fly
4. REST user interface
5. Improved Dashboards
This is probably a symptom, slightly, of some of the other shortcomings of the tool rather than a symptom of the dashboards themselves.
I could probably write a whole blog post on things that could be improved in the dashboards, but starting with:
- Simple filters of the reports
- Adding more than one measure to reportlets
- Having more than five lines in the reportlets
- Sharing the dashboards with other users
- Adding in custom stuff (like a box for normal text to explain stuff)